Thursday, March 17, 2011

Harrison, NJ IV

"2004 marked the 100th birthday of the popular children’s shoe brand made famous by a mischievous boy and his faithful dog. Based on the popular Buster Brown and Tige comic strip characters, Buster Brown shoes debuted at the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair. In the decades that followed, the brand became a marketing pioneer, using character appearances, radio and television sponsorships, gifts with purchase, and clever advertising to build loyalty among generations of Buster Brown customers." from their website, cause you will never see another one of thes3 signs..

7 comments:

Folkways Note Book said...

Wow! a Buster Brown shoe sign -- brings back memories of when I was young and my mom would take me to the shoe store that sold them. I felt entitled as a small girl if she bought them for me. Thanks for the photo and the memory -- barbara

Butch said...

I'll never forget the pictures in the heal of the inside of the shoe.

Rune Eide said...

What I have missed in my time.

boromax said...

Man, what a great pic! This guy is in the same category as the Morton Salt girl, the Cracker Jack Sailor, and the Campbell's Soup Kids. Love it! Thanks again, Ken, for capturing this kind of history!!

Virginia said...

Am I the only one old enough to remember the xray machine where you could see if your new BB shoes fit properly? Is that why I am now my own nightlight????
V

Lynette said...

I remember the X-ray machine! I also remember thinking I was very, very special in my oxblood Buster Browns! Thanks for the photo!

Kelly said...

How long will you need the machine? Forklifts also have a higher center of gravity. Worksafe do not state the language requirement, nonetheless it is reasonable to possess in order to have the ability to understand the instructions given by the assessors.